January 27, 2011

Picture Frame Revamp


One of my home goals this year is to properly display my photos. That cutie patootie up there was crammed in a cubby hole in my mail sorter for quite some time, and it deserved better. Problem is, it's wallet size and I didn't have many wallet-sized frames. The last time I went to the thrift store, however, guess what I found?


It's wallet-sized! But, it's hunter green. And this is 2011, not 1991. Luckily, the boys took a good nap the other day and inspiration struck. I started off by painting the frame an off-white color.

After letting it dry (which seemed to take FOREVER and naptime is precious and brief, people!), I found some pretty scrapbook paper and cut it out in the shape of the frame.
I slathered it with some Mod Podge, which I'm all about these days, and dug around in my button tin for some keepers, and the final product is soooooo cute!
No more 1991! It is a frame that is truly worthy of the cuteness that it contains now, and Mama's happy!
Linking up at Fireflies and Jellybeans' Show Off Your Stuff Party.

No comments: