July 7, 2009

Before and After: Nursery

Let's take a stroll down memory lane. This time last summer, my husband and I were immersed in a very important project--transforming a blah catch-all into a lively nursery for our sweet baby boy.

Before:
The walls were a basic white and the carpet was an even more basic beige. (Yes, that's my dog's rear end in the photo!)

The one pop of color was in the closet of all places, which was painted a dark hunter green. It doesn't exactly scream, "A sweet baby boy sleeps here." Oh, and the closet doors have been missing since we moved in. We've searched high and low to no avail.

After:
Now isn't this a joyful space? We installed beadboard panes, chair rail trim, and new baseboards. The upper part of the wall was painted a soft green. I love this storage shelf. One year later, it's being put to good use holding W's books and clothing (in the colorful bins, of course!).

Here is one of my favorite spots in the whole house! I love to nurse and rock my little one in the cozy chair. It almost feels like it was made to fit me; my husband often says it feels uncomfortable when he sits there! And look at the floor. No, it's not hardwood; it's peel-n-stick vinyl by Konecto. Very functional!

And here is where W snoozes every night. The bedding is Barnyard Stack by Kidsline. Since we live out in the country we decided to give the room a farm theme.

Remember that dark, spooky closet? Here it is, transformed! Since the room is so small, we decided to make it a changing nook. It has worked out wonderfully, except for when W mischievously drops items between the dresser and the wall.

Finally, one of my favorite parts of the room...Before we laid the floor, we wrote W a little love note on the subfloor in the doorway. It's just a little hidden reminder of how special our boy is to us!

No comments: